The Girls are here! Eight Red Rock pullets have joined our little family here at the Barn. Not sure how long I've wanted chickens, I know it's been at least five years. Jan at the post office called at 8am to let us know that they had arrived. She said they had been talking to her and were a lot more quiet than the chicks that come through. Jan let me know the box was big - so not to bring the mini. I love Small Town, U.S.A.
Simple pleasures I suppose. I walked in to the Post Office and there is a box - 2 x 4 feet and in it are my girls. My first thought was: "Well, this is like Kentucky Fried Chicken... but different". I got them out to the car - and drove home the goofiest smile on my face.
 |
| Crowded in the box |
 |
| The Girls in their new home |
Call me crazy - but putting these chickens in their new home was one of the neatest things I have experienced in a long time.
Note to self: When doing ANYthing w/ chickens - be sure to breathe through the nose. Having an open mouth around any foul can be just that. I had a near mouth experience that could have been gut wrenching. literally.
Calvin said he wanted to name one "Jack" and another one "Aleia".
No comments:
Post a Comment