-Well. We didn't get that little farmhouse at auction. I cried for a day then we loaded up the car w/ a cooler and the kids and headed out to find the next best thing. And find it, we did. Several months, a robbery in the rental, another stolen GPS out of Joe's truck and the top getting sliced off of my mini cooper for our third and final GPS system. All told, probably 100K worth of loss over the last year give or take a grand....and we are now in our little piece of heaven.
We drove up the driveway, Joe said "STOP! It has no trespassing signs everywhere!" - I looked at him and said "Well we have to turn around now don't we?" - the owner was in the driveway. He greeted us redfaced and with calloused hands. We quickly hit it off, did a FSBO on both sides and over the last few months, he and his wife have turned out to be two of the nicest, most amazing people we have ever met. Ironically, their last name is Greathouse. Which is what they built out of the old barn they bought 12 years ago.
I never thought that I would find someplace where both Joe and I could be so happy. It satisfies both of our want list down to a perfect T. We are in a little town in Northwestern PA. There is a little store about .25 miles down from us that has everything from eyebolts to homemade macaroni salad and onion sets. We often hear the horse shoes from the amish buggies driving by the house. The best part it - the kids are sleeping better than they ever have. I think it's all the oxygen out here. They run so hard all day - then crash. Which is nice for their father and I at the end of a long day. It is truly amazing.
2 comments:
that looks like heaven, indeed.
do you grow any vegetable out there
Great place for a vegetable garden. Would the chickens eat the garden?
Post a Comment